Camphenol is an active disinfectant it is used as a treatment for endodontic infections in the root canal.
Disinfection after pulpectomy, pulp dressing, periapical infections, and treatment of post-traumatic inflammation.
Camphenol eliminates the presence of micro-organisms and bacteria and keeps the canal clean.
- Elimination of microorganism
- Rendering the contents of canal inert
- Prevention or control of post-treatment pain
- Objective is to reduce or alter the inflammatory response
- To enhance anesthesia
- Control of persistent P.A abscess( weeping canal)